Crisis and incident readiness planning – supported by sophisticated, automated media monitoring -- is the best way to get ahead of the news cycle, organize your responses, and practice with your team to maintain a state of readiness.
Is your organization ready for a crisis? Take this quiz to find out:
- Do you know what your CEO’s top one or two “lie awake at night” scenarios are?
- Do you have and use a process for anticipating a crisis or reputational incident?
- Do you have a process to monitor local and regional activities and publicity/media coverage?
- Do you monitor broadcast, print, and social media 24/7?
- Do you have an effective mechanism to alert you to a crisis or reputational incident directly or indirectly impacting your organization?
- Do you know when and how first responders contact your organization?
- Is there a first response process in place?
- Is there a second response process in place?
- Do you know who is on call to be notified in a crisis and are they media trained?
- Have you evaluated which region, district, business line or facility is more likely to have an incident and why?
If you answered no to one or more questions, your organization is not ready to face a crisis or reputational incident. Downloading our crisis management playbook is a good place to start your journey to crisis preparedness.